The Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil we sell on our website is from organically grown olives. A culture without the use of chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, with no additives or preservatives. This oil has been made from selected olives from olive groves in the environment and within the Sierra Magina Natural Park, in what was border of the kingdoms of Castile and Granada. Castles of Cambil and Alhabar that dominated these lands were instrumental in the conquest of the Kingdom of Granada, altitude and climate allows for a high quality oil, with a color ranging from green to golden yellow, has a fruity intense green olives, pleasant aroma of fresh herbs. Fruit flavors such as apple, tomato, fig … very slight bitterness and gentle in your itch. Characteristic of the area and the variety Picual, being a natural product extracted at low temperatures and keeps all the flavor, aroma and goodness of this hill which holds the craftsman carefully cultivated without chemical application.
Olive farming ecological Cambil implies a maximum respect for the environment, to use only natural products, making these chemical-free crops. Buy organic olive oil certified
Wine region of Sierra Magina and CAAE implies rigorous quality controls to ensure through its back label with your name quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil and its label CAAE oil is actually Green.
Also the cold extraction techniques of organic olive oil and the production not only of the mill Trujal alpechín Magina, make the whole process a healthy, natural, with many beneficial properties for health and good for the nature.
From time immemorial in Cambil, olive growing and olive oil, has been closely linked to the culture of the people cambileño, both for its economic value, as being an ingredient in our Mediterranean diet.
The organic olive oil pure tastes being recognized pharmacological action and therapeutic, in addition to being used in the cosmetic industry and others. The warm welcome and the growing overseas demand and increased sales of organic olive oil do provide a huge potential for this product. The ever-increasing awareness of the population towards organic products is driving demand growth, which increases the production and facilitates the consumer to purchase at a price closer to that of conventional olive oil.
All this makes the Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Verde Salud a must for a healthy diet for their preventive and curative qualities of skin and heart diseases and against arteriosclerosis, gastritis and cholesterol. It is therefore a must for healthy and natural cuisine, and is also a product that respects the environment.
The Extra Virgin Olive Oil retains all its organoleptic properties, intrinsic vitamins and fruit. Its value is 9 calories per gram. As we know, fats are essential for our body because of its energy function and vitamins such as A, D, E, K are fat soluble and depend on these to be absorbed by the body.
Now, let’s move on to explain what are the fundamental differences of organic farming over conventional:
Products used in Ecological Agriculture
Do not use synthetic pesticides: insecticides, miticides, fungicides, herbicides, etc.. These have certain risks and drawbacks:
The mostly pesticides have different degrees of toxicity to humans and wildlife. A feature is its term safety, ie the days that must elapse since the product is applied up to be eaten, being in the hands of the farmer’s responsibility for meeting these deadlines. There are also maximum limits of pesticide residues that may remain in the product to consume. The control rests with the Administration and may fail.
In the fight against pests, misused products, stimulate the ability to adapt these mutation. Their natural predators, such as insects that eat the pests themselves, dying under pesticides. The result is that pests become stronger and stronger.
Fertilizers used in Ecological Agriculture
No conventional chemical fertilizers are used because nitrates pollute freshwater. Nitrates are highly soluble and infiltrate the soil reaching the groundwater. In the actual manufacture of fertilizers emitted pollutants (nitrogen oxides emissions fluoride powder).
In organic farming is payable to:
– Manure from cow, horse, sheep, goat, pig …
– Purines: solid and liquid manure along with cleaning water.
– Compost industrial (which sold in the ‘gardens’)
– Compost home
– Black peat and peat: be interesting or give problems.
– Vermicompost (called vermicompost)
– Municipal waste and sewage sludge: careful with heavy metals (lead, cadmium, mercury …).
– Green manure: crops are made to bury the main function of the soil as green manure. Legumes are used to add nitrogen. Lupins for acid soil and limestone, vetch, sweet clover, peas, beans, clover and alfalfa.
– Buried mats of straw or potato, beet tops.
– Blood meal
– Powder horns
– Fish meal
– Bat droppings
– Grape pomace
– Pulps distillery
– Hardwood sawdust (for compost’s take the mound).
– Natural Phosphates
– Siliceous Rocks
– Potassium chloride
– Magnesium sulfate
No genetically modified seeds are used or transgenic plants. Transgenic plants are genetically modified to be resistant to diseases and pests or poor soils. These manipulations, such as soybeans or corn, raise serious concerns about its effects on health, the environment, the future of agriculture and the impact on the poorest countries.
In organic farming using seed varieties adapted to local conditions, improving outcomes and preventing the disappearance of plant varieties and livestock breeds indigenous.
Crop rotations are essential to maintain soil fertility and prevent pest problems and soil fungi and weeds that may involve the repetition of the same crop in the same place.
Higher quality food in Ecological Agriculture
Foods ‘organic’ are better quality, more nutritious, healthier, tastier and better flavor. They contain less water than leaving the employment of chemical fertilizers, especially nitrogen, they grow very fast and that are mostly water, they have not had the time to synthesize sugars by the sun and soil nutrients .
The non-organic products are characterized by their regularity in shape, size and color. They are very beautiful and perfect. The organic cultivation of fruits may be irregular in shape and size, indicating that grew naturally.
Water use in Ecological Agriculture
• It tries to make efficient use of water and not waste it.
• You can reuse wastewater for urban and industrial agriculture. Another alternative is the desalination of seawater or brackish.
• Overexploitation of aquifers causes salinization of soil and water by marine invasion fronts in coastal areas, while in inland areas, resulting from the invasion of saline fronts salíferos contact materials and gypsum. Both of these are difficult to solve.
Soil erosion and Ecological Agriculture
• Erosion and soil degradation is one of the major environmental problems.
• To prevent water erosion and wind, till recently, covering ground with compost manure and straw, for example.
• Between the fruit hold siégala grassy and occasionally.
• Reduce runoff by abancalamientos, drainage systems and levees or barriers that break the continuity of the slope.
Work in Ecological Agriculture
• In general, you must plow the land with seasoning or seasoning. That is, neither too wet nor too dry. When low moisture word structure is obtained too crumbly or chalky. By contrast, the tasks are made too wet kneading and disintegrated particles cemented soil dries. Although seed be interesting to do it with more dry land to make it fine.
• Do not routinely styling, but when needed, minimizing the number of tasks.
• Avoid turning or mixing soil horizons.
Weeds and weed control in Ecological Agriculture
More control methods used in organic farming to combat adventitious herbs are:
• Its depletion escardarlas based tillage.
• Padded as straw, compost, manure, peat, gravel, etc..
• In fruit trees, in most cases it is preferable to mow the grass, leaving the rest as padding.